1. USBM Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy Statement
1. General InformationUSBM protects your personal information by complying with the operative legislation concerning personal data protection in Malaysia, being the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“The Act”), which came into effect on 1st January 2021. This policy statement details how USBM collects and uses your personal data, and informs you about the personal data protection measures we have put in place. When using our Service, you consent to the collection, transfer, manipulation, storage, disclosure and other uses of your information only as described in this Privacy and Personal Data Protection Policy.
2. The Information We CollectUnless you are registered for online services from USBM, you remain anonymous when you browse this website. We do not collect personal information if you are only browsing this website. In order to access our services, or process a transaction between you and a third party, we may request personal information such as your name, phone number, and email address, and other information that renders you identifiable.
3. How We Collect DataUSBM collects personal information from you only when you choose to register for and/ or use our services, for example in the process of using a digital product on our website. This personal information encompasses information communicated to us when you voluntarily complete an application form presented on our website that makes it possible to identify you. By volunteering personal information, you undertake to communicate accurate information that does not prejudice the interest of any third parties.
4. Use of Information
Upon giving us consent, we may collect and use for the following purposes:
- • Refer you to our newsletter service, and latest products.
- • To enable you to access and use USBM’s services.
- • To personalize and improve aspects of our overall service to you and our other users, as well as carrying out research such as analyzing market trends and customer demographics.
- • To communicate with you, in order to verify the personal information provided, or to request any additional information that is vital to fulfilling the service you have applied for.
- • To send you information about products and services which we think may be of interest to you.
5. Passing on Information about YouUSBM may disclose and transfer personal data to third parties including institutions, whose products are listed on the USBM website, and/ or their authorized representatives. These transactions will only be made with third parties that were consented by you, the user. At no point will we sell, distribute, or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or are required to do so under the law.
6. Retaining Your InformationCollected information is retained for the period taken to carry out the data uses stated in section 4 above only. During this period, USBM is committed to all reasonable efforts and practical steps to ensure that collected data is protected against any loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized or accidental access or disclosure, alteration or destruction. We undertake this to protect the confidentiality of your data to the purposes set out in section 4 only, and therefore to ensure your data privacy. We will ensure that your personal data is permanently deleted once it is no longer required to fulfill its original purpose, or as is required by the law.
7. Accessing Data and Ensuring AccuracyUSBM takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your information is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date, consistent with the purpose for which the information was collected. Please write to us if you would like to access or correct personal information that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date. We will use reasonable efforts to accommodate requests for access and information changes. Similarly, please contact us should you wish to withdraw consent for the use of your personal information.
2. Keeping You Informed
You agree that we shall be entitled to advise you via email, post, telephone or by text of products, services and other offers we think may interest you.
Whenever you provide us with personal information, we will give you an opportunity to tell us you do not consent to us and others using and sharing your information for marketing purposes. Unless you tell us otherwise, you are consenting to such uses.
Any electronic marketing communications we send you will include clear and concise instructions to follow should you wish to unsubscribe at any time.
Should you no longer wish to be contacted by us, you can advise us at any time by contacting us on +6 03 8311 9134 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.You can also ask us at any time to stop passing your information to third parties for marketing purposes, which we will do.
3. Improving our Service to YouIn order to ensure the Services we provide you continue to meet your needs we may ask you for feedback on your experience of using the website. Any feedback you provide will only be used as part of our program of continuous improvement and will not be published on the website.
5. Website Browsing and Cookies
A cookie is a very small text file placed on your computer. Cookies help us to:
- • Understand browsing habits on this Website.
- • Understand the number of visitors to this Website and the pages visited.
- • Remember you when you return to this Website so we can provide you with a better browsing experience.
- • Most cookies are deleted as soon as you close your browser, these are known as session cookies. Others, known as persistent cookies, are stored on your computer either until you delete them or they expire. By using this Service, you consent to us using cookies.
This website uses the following cookies:
- • Google Analytics & Piwik: Analytics cookie allows us to see information on user website activity including, but not limited to page views, referral and average time spent on the website. The information is de-personalised and is displayed as numbers, meaning it will not be tracked back to individuals, which helps to protect your privacy. Using analytics we can see what content is popular on our website, and strive to ensure you have the best user experience possible.
- • DoubleClick: We use Google Analytics remarketing codes to log when users view specific pages or take specific actions on the website. This allows us to provide targeted advertising in the future.
You can choose to block or delete cookies through your browser settings. If you decide to block or delete our cookies, you will not be able to benefit from the full range of our Services and this may affect the performance of our website on your system.
6. Changes to This Policy
7. Contacting Us about This Policy